Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Scrambled Tofu with Grilled Vegetables

The kiddo has baseball practice tonight, so that means we'll be eating a late and light dinner.  I decided that a filling and hearty lunch was in order.  I've been cooking all day, so I also wanted something quick and easy.  This meal came together in mere minutes.

Scrambled Tofu

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 block firm tofu, frozen/thawed/drained 
  • 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
  • 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • pepper to taste

Directions:

1.  Crumble tofu into small mixing bowl.
2.  Add all other ingredients and mix well with fork, making sure tofu is evenly coated.

3.  In an oiled skillet cook the tofu for eight to ten minutes over high heat.  It's done when the tofu begins to brown around the edges.
 
 
Because I live in Chicago and went from three feet of snow to never ending thunderstorms in the course of a week, I had to grill my vegetables inside.  I used the George Foreman Grill.  This is a fantastic invention and not just for meat eaters!
 
 
Anyway, cut your vegetables into uniform thickness.  I used zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, and onions.  Spray George with some olive oil, lay out your veggies, mist the tops of the veggies with more olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and then cook 'til grilled through.  Mine took about five minutes.
 
See, aren't they lovely?

 
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Yum! This looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing your recipe and pictures with us!

    Small Footprints
    http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way ... I love your blog! I've been browsing around and wow ... love your easy-to-follow cooking instructions, with pictures, that are making me seriously hungry!

    I've added you to my blog roll. Now I've got to continue browsing and drooling! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...