Monday, April 26, 2010

Handheld Oatmeal to Go!

Yes really.  This is like the most brilliant thing ever!  I got the original idea from here, and then I changed a few little things tweaked the hell out of the recipe.  I've got no clue why I've never thought of this, but now that it's on my radar, there's just no looking back.  I have already thought of about four dozen different variations of this recipe that I want to try.

There are days when, despite my best intentions, I just don't make it out of bed in time in order to accomplish everything I need to before I have to be somewhere.  This recipe is perfect for those types of days.  In just a few short minutes I can turn my beloved bowl of oatmeal into a big ol' oatmeal "cookie" and take it with me.  Cookies.  For breakfast.  It just doesn't get much better than that!

Handheld Oatmeal to Go

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1/8 cup Egg Beaters
  • Liberal dash of cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • Splash vanilla
  • 1 TBSP dried cranberries or blueberries
  • 1 TBSP chopped walnuts
  • 1 TBSP natural peanut butter
  • 1/2 small banana, sliced thin
  • 1 TBSP raw sugar
  • 2 TBSP whole wheat flour
Directions:

1.  Put everything in a bowl and mix it up really well with a fork, mashing the banana pieces into the batter as you go.


2.  Pat firmly into bowl with the back of a spoon.

3.  Microwave on high for two minutes.

4.  Let cool for about a minute before removing from bowl.



Enjoy!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...