Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sesame Peanut Noodles

My sister-in-law and my niece and nephew came over for a visit today.  My niece wanted to help cook something, so we embarked upon making the ever popular sesame peanut noodles.  Everyone loves these--especially the kids; they're healthy, and they're relatively easy to make.  Jenny did most of the work.  I just sorta talked her through it.


Sesame Peanut Noodles

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of cooked whole wheat spaghetti or rice noodles
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
  • We made our own peanut butter, because I don't like preservatives, and I don't like to spend three times the money on something I can make myself, and also because we rock!
  • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
  • Red pepper flakes to taste (approximately 1/2 to 1 teaspoon)
  • 3 tablespoons hot water
  • 1 garlic clove, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon apple juice
  • 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions:

1.  Cook spaghetti or rice noodles as directed by the manufacturer.


2.  Combine all other ingredients; mix until peanut butter is dissolved.


3.  Add sauce to drained pasta; toss until pasta is fully coated.

4.  Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.

Top it however you would like.  We ate ours with scallions, sprouts, and marinated baked tofu.

Most importantly...
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...