Friday, March 26, 2010

Quinoa Salad

I love quinoa.  I can use it in everything from main dishes to side dishes to breakfast to desserts.  This means that I generally have leftovers, and I'm all about using up all of the leftovers.  We don't waste food in this house.  We operate on a budget, and I've lived in the 3rd world.  That changed pretty much everything about how I see ... well, everything.

 
Anyway, moving on.  One of my favorite things to do with left over quinoa is to turn it into a bright and healthy salad.  What you add is pretty much up to you.  This is what I did.

 
Leftover Quinoa Salad

 
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 to 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1/4 cup chopped zucchini
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • 1/2 lemon
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
 Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in bowl
  2. Mist with olive oil
  3. Squeeze juice of lemon into bowl
  4. Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...