Thai Peanut Salad with Marinated Tempeh
- 1/2 block tempeh of choice, cubed. I use Trader Joe's 3 grain tempeh
- Peanut sauce from this recipe, or your favorite jarred variety
- 2 cups mixed leafy greens
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 large carrot or six baby carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/2 granny smith apple, diced
- 1/8 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- Sesame oil
- Rice Vinegar
- Place tempeh in small covered container with marinade (if you like, you can steam it first. I hear that gets rid of some of the bitterness. I don't taste the bitterness at all, so I skip that step). Let it soak for several hours. I put mine in before I left for the gym and had it for lunch when I returned.
- Put a scant amount of sesame oil in a heavy bottomed pan and cook tempeh over medium heat to desired doneness. I like mine kinda crunchy on the outside.
- While tempeh cooks, prepare and plate your vegetables.
- Place tempeh on salad and top with dry roasted peanuts.
- Dress with a drizzle of sesame oil and rice vinegar to taste.