Tropical Oatmeal Vegan Pancakes
- 1/2 cup unbleached, all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 TBSP raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (I used light, because I already had a can open, but feel free to use full fat)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 large banana
- Place all ingredients in a food processor fitted with an S-blade and blend until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or large frying pan (I suggest coconut oil) over medium high heat.
- Pour the batter onto the griddle by 1/4 cup fulls.
- Brown well on both sides.
Had I not been working under the time constraints of the baby's nap, and had I not been utterly ravenous by the time they were done, I would have made some coconut milk whipped cream to serve on top. Instead I had mine with a slight drizzle of maple syrup, and the other half of the banana.
Because these are refined white sugar free and have a very minimal amount of sodium, I feel fine about giving them to the baby. They're chock full of potassium and healthy fat and whole grains, so they're pretty baby friendly, if you ask me. He's going to have his with coconut butter. I wish I would have remembered the homemade coconut butter in the my cabinet before I put the syrup on mine! In any case, these were fantastic. Craving satisfied.