Monday, June 25, 2012

Tropical Oatmeal Vegan Pancakes

My OB says that pregnancy cravings aren't real and that I should ignore them.  I don't believe her though, because nothing but a pregnancy craving could account for the intense desire I've had for pancakes since Friday night, especially considering, as I've mentioned before, I don't especially like pancakes.  I tried to listen to her; I ignored it for as long as I could, but today, on my way home from the gym, I just knew I was going to have to finally have some pancakes, and the tropical oatmeal pancakes were conceived on the drive home.





Tropical Oatmeal Vegan Pancakes


Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup unbleached, all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 TBSP raw cane sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup coconut milk (I used light, because I already had a can open, but feel free to use full fat)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
  • 1/2 large banana





Directions:

  1. Place all ingredients in a food processor fitted with an S-blade and blend until a smooth batter forms.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or large frying pan (I suggest coconut oil) over medium high heat.
  3. Pour the batter onto the griddle by 1/4 cup fulls.
  4. Brown well on both sides.


Had I not been working under the time constraints of the baby's nap, and had I not been utterly ravenous by the time they were done, I would have made some coconut milk whipped cream to serve on top.  Instead I had mine with a slight drizzle of maple syrup, and the other half of the banana.

Because these are refined white sugar free and have a very minimal amount of sodium, I feel fine about giving them to the baby.  They're chock full of potassium and healthy fat and whole grains, so they're pretty baby friendly, if you ask me.  He's going to have his with coconut butter.  I wish I would have remembered the homemade coconut butter in the my cabinet before I put the syrup on mine!  In any case, these were fantastic.  Craving satisfied.



Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds *fantastic*! And I love pancakes, so will be trying these soon :-)
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with your OB. Cravings are sometimes tied to missing vitamins and minerals that our bodies are in short supply of. In your case, your little hitchhiker inside of you is gobbling up the essentials sometimes faster than you can supply them. The fact that you are trying to answer those cravings with healthy options/versions is to be commended. I thoroughly enjoyed myself when I was pregnant (so very long ago - I am a Nanny now). And I like cooking and am always on the look out for healthful recipes. Will be trying these soon ;}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beberapa Cheat Menang Untuk Bermain Situs Judi Sabung Ayam Online Klik Di Sini

    Agen Sabung Ayam Online Terbaik Dan Juga Terpercaya http://www.bakarayam.co

    Informasi Terlengkap Mengenai Sabung Ayam

    https://ayambakar33033.wordpress.com/2018/06/21/lebih-dari-satu-ciri-memaparkan-ayam-bangkok-aduan-super-yg-menakutkan/

    http://bakarayam330033.blogspot.com/2018/07/cara-dalam-menundukkan-sabung-ayam-juara.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...